When it comes to biblical doctrine, the Bible is our supreme standard.
The Scriptures are infallible, inerrant and immutable. Nothing may be added to it, and nothing may be taken away from it. There is no room to compliment it with ecclesiastical tradition or mystical revelation.
What God wanted to reveal about Himself as standard for doctrine and rule of life is what is found in the Bible – the Apocrypha excluded.
- Was there ever a moment in the life of Jesus when He stopped being the Son of God?
- Was Christ ever born again?
- Did Jesus go to hell to pay for our sins?
- Was He tormented in hell?
- If Christ did no go to hell, can I still be saved?
- Declared righteous through faith in Christ, does it mean that we stop being sinners?
- Is the Bible God’s closed revelation or is there more revelation outside of the Bible?
To answer these questions one must look at the Scriptures, and the Scriptures only. That’s important!
Popular Evangelists of our day may not go beyond of what the Bible reveals. Apparently Joyce Meyers does not adhere to the Scriptures only.
She sells millions of dollars of books around the world, and it would seem thousands just believe what she says.
“Watch out that no one deceives you.” (Matthew 25:4)
I encourage you to read this article. I think it is important.